Unpacking the problem
The Product Designer is the key facilitator of the scoping phase, and is assisted by a Software Developer, a Customer Success Consultant, and the Product Owner. Other parties including the Account Manager and other external stakeholders will need to be involved at certain periods for their expertise.
- Facilitates and guides the team through the scoping process.
- Applies design-thinking to validate the correct problem statement is explored.
- Ideates on possible solutions to the problem.
- Delivers high-quality designs and prototypes to articulate the solution.
- Ensures the defined solution is feasible to develop within defined timeframes.
- Explore and de-risk relevant technologies required for the solution.
- Write and manage the product backlog and related acceptance criteria.
Product Owner (plus Stakeholders)
- Explain their business and users to the scoping team.
- Provide access to users for testing and validation purposes.
- Attend, participant and provide key insights into the company’s subject matter during meetings.
- Confirm and explore specific requirements associated with the solution.
Customer Success Consultant
- Manage customer expectations and contribute insights from a commercial perspective.
- Increase their understanding of what the customer’s key performance indicators will be for this project.
- Clearly define important metrics associated with the success of the product.
- Translate the learnings from the brief to the client and scoping team.
- Manage the client’s expectations from a commercial perspective.
- Facilitate any contractual or financial discussions.